DOUBLE MAJOR AND MINOR PROGRAMS
Undergraduate students meeting the requirements can follow a double major or minor program in another department, in addition to the major departments.
Double major and minor quotas for each semester, application dates and special conditions determined by the departments are announced on our website at least 15 days before the application dates specified in the Academic Calendar.
Application requirements and explanations for double major and minor programs are as follow:
- The student can apply to a maximum of three double major and/or minor programs at the same time by making the order of preference. The student enrolled in order of preference loses the right to enroll in other preferences.
- Applications for a double major program can be made at the beginning of the 3rd semester (the earliest), and at the beginning of the 5th semester (the latest), for the minor program at the beginning of the 3rd (the earliest) and at the beginning of the 6th semester (the latest).
- In order for the students to apply for a double major program:
- The students are to complete all the courses in the major undergraduate program successfully by the semester they apply,
- Their General Point Average (CGPA) is to be at least 70 out of 100 (at least 2.50 out of 4),
- The students are to be in the top 20% in terms of success in the related class of the major undergraduate program,
- The students who have a GPA of at least 70 out of 100 in the major diploma program at the time of application, but who are not in the top 20% of the major diploma program as of their success ranking, are to have a score not less than the base score of the program in the relevant year in which the double major will be made.
- In double major applications, the Measuring, Selection and Placement Center (OSYM) success ranking threshold values determined by the Council of Higher Education (YÖK) and announced in the guides are taken as basis. Students who are placed with Vertical Transmission (DGS) cannot apply to departments with a success ranking threshold value.
- In order for the students to apply for the minor program, they must have successfully completed all the credit courses taken in the major undergraduate program by the semester they apply, and their CGPA must be at least 65 out of 100 (at least 2.25 out of 4).
- The students who have previously been dismissed from a double major and / or minor program, either voluntarily or for any reason, cannot apply by the semester they apply. The students enrolled in a minor program cannot apply to another minor program. Likewise, students enrolled in a double major program cannot apply to another double major program.
- Students cannot enroll in more than one double major or minor program at the same time. However, they can enroll in a double major and a minor program at the same time.
For further information: http://kutuphane.cankaya.edu.tr/yonergeler/
Click for Department Special Requirements.